[OAI-implementers] rdf

Hussein Suleman hussein@vt.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:31:44 -0700

hi

"Young,Jeff" wrote:
> I have a question about using multiple namespaces within an OAI
> <metadata> element. The discussion below implies that this can be
> done.

well, heres a thought ... lets say the service provider asks for
"oai_dc_ims" (this is a 'made-up' name) ... is there anything that
prevents a data provider from responding with something like

<metadata>
  <dc xmlns="dc" xsi:schemaLocation="dc dcschema">
    <title>test</title>
  </dc>
  <ims xmlns="ims" xsi:schemaLocation="ims imsschema">
    <semanticdensity>4</semanticdensity>
  </ims>
</metadata>

? the problem of course is that the dc_ims format needs a schema and
prefix and there is none ... (of course we cna fudge it :))

or do we have to use an embedded model like (with a special schema just
for the combining "dcims" element, allowing any tags within) :

<metadata>
  <dcims xmlns="dcims" xmlns:dc="dc" xmlns:ims="ims"
         xsi:schemaLocation="dcims dcisschema"
         xsi:schemaLocation="dc dcschema"
         xsi:schemaLocation="ims imsschema">
    <dc:title>test</dc:title>
    <ims:semanticdensity>4</ims:semanticdensity>
  </dcims>
</metadata>

anyway, just thought i would write out examples to see if they looked
reasonable (i havent checked them with any tools yet) ... please comment

ttfn
----hussein

hussein suleman -- hussein@vt.edu -- vtcs -- http://purl.org/net/hussein