[OAI-implementers] Help Requested for OAI Data Provider Registration

Hammond, Tony t.hammond at nature.com
Wed May 13 12:08:38 EDT 2009

Thanks, Simeon.

We'll think about the email address problem but basically we would prefer to
expose a single address for all our services and to have any feedback
channelled internally for problem resolution. What that would mean for the
one-time registration process I don't know. There's a presumption that the
admin address is capable of responding - which I'm not sure is necessarily
required.

As for the cursor you're right, we boobed. We had thought that the cursor
was pointing at the first record on the next page (next record in sequence)
rather than the last record on the previous page (i.e. number of records
already seen). We'll fix that directly but it may be some weeks before we
can deploy that patch.

So, I don't know what that means for the registration process. We may have
to wait some weeks and revisit, and then we may still have a problem
interfacing with the automated registration process. Or is there any
possibility of getting this registered now - with some manual intervention?
:)

Cheers,

Tony