[OAI-implementers] Are URL parameters identifying an OAI repository valid?

Osisek, Eric eosisek at library.rochester.edu
Wed Jul 22 16:14:11 EDT 2009

Greetings,

We are building an application which can have multiple OAI repositories
accessible through the same Java Servelet, and are looking for a way to
differentiate between them.  Our current thought is to pass a GET
parameter in the URL to the Servelet indicating which OAI repository to
access, but I wanted to confirm that this wouldn't get mixed up in the
OAI parameters and thus result in invalid repositories.  Our plan would
result in URLs similar to the following  for two distinct OAI
repositories:

http://www.domain.com/oai?id=1
http://www.domain.com/oai?id=2

Requests to these repositories would then look like this:

http://www.domain.com/oai?id=1&verb=identify
http://www.domain.com/oai?id=2&verb=identify

Is this valid?

Thanks,