[OAI-implementers] Qualified Dublin Core

Young,Jeff jyoung at oclc.org
Mon Aug 9 11:22:17 EDT 2004

The link to http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/ refers to a schema at
http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/2003/04/02/qualifieddc.xsd. If you
read the annotation in the schema, though, it says this:

"Note that this schema does not define a target namespace. The expectation
is that the qualifieddc element is assigned to a namespace by an application
schema which includes this schema."

So, since this schema isn't associated with a namespace it must not be
appropriate for use by itself, as the note implies. My interpretation,
therefore, is that what I really need is some kind of "application schema"
that uses this one.

Jeff