[OAI-implementers] Qualified Dublin Core

Mascord, M (Matthew) M.Mascord at rl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 11:21:00 EDT 2004

Hi -

I am the developer of an OAI compatible institutional repository for the UK
research council CCLRC.  The URL is http://epubs.cclrc.ac.uk.  We are
attempting to capture & make publicly accessible any scientific research
that has benefitted from the use of CCLRC's facilities or expertise.  We
recently went live on the OAI repository network:
http://epubs.cclrc.ac.uk/oai?verb=Identify.

We provide metadata in both Simple and Qualified Dublin Core but had the
same problem as you in finding an authoritative XML schema for Qualified
Dublin Core.  In the end we created our own that includes the schema defined
at http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/2003/04/02/qualifieddc.xsd and
described in the Dublin Core Note at
http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/qdc/2003/04/02/notes/.  This defines a
container element into which elements from the dcterms and dc namespaces may
be placed.

I'm not sure if this is the best approach so would appreciate any feedback
on this.  Our OAI implementation can be tested at
http://epubs.cclrc.ac.uk/oaitest.

Kind Regards,
Matthew Mascord
e-Library Software Developer, CCLRC, UK