[OAI-implementers] Searching open archives

Young,Jeff jyoung at oclc.org
Tue Nov 2 09:15:31 EST 2004

I neglected to reply to the other subjects in Howard's message.

The ERRoL service is an open-source OAI identifier resolver. A demo is
available at http://errol.oclc.org/. One of the features of the ERRoL
resolver is OpenURL access to content and services related to OAI
repositories, including links to the content being described in the oai_dc
metadata records.

Going back to the idea of providing OAI access to SRW-accessible data,
OAICat (http://www.oclc.org/research/software/oai/cat.htm) has an
implementation to do just that from a local server (as opposed to the
gateway service provided by the SRW Registry I mentioned before). Contact me
for details.

Jeff