[OAI-implementers] Beta OAI-PMH specification re rights pertaining to metadata

herbert van de sompel herbertv at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 3 14:33:42 EST 2004

Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of a beta specification
detailing an approach to convey rights expressions pertaining to metadata
disseminated via the OAI-PMH.

This beta specification is the result of the work of the OAI-rights
technical committee that started its activities in September 2003,
following a joint initiative of the Open Archives Initiative and Project
RoMEO.

(*) The beta specification is available at:
<http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-rights.htm>

(*) The press-release that announced the launch of the OAI-rights
activity is available at:
<http://www.openarchives.org/news/oairightspress030929.html>.  This press
release includes the list of participants in the OAI-rights effort.

We hereby solicit public feedback on the specification. We aim to release
the specification by the end of 2004, and therefore request feedback by
the end of November 2004. Please send your comments to the
oai-implementers list <oai-implementers at openarchives.org>.

Greetings!

Carl Lagoze
Michael Nelson