[OAI-implementers] OAI identifiers

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:15:32 -0500 (EST)

If you are not using oai-identifiers then you must not include an
oai-identifier description block in your Identify response. The
oai-identifier description container (defined by the schema
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai-identifier.xsd) is specific
to the oai-identifier scheme.

>From an OAI standpoint, your ARK's should be treated as opaque identifiers
within your repository by any service provider that doesn't recognize and
understand them.

Cheers,
Simeon.