[OAI-general] Institution-based archive examples

s.yeates@cs.waikato.ac.nz s.yeates@cs.waikato.ac.nz
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:53:14 +1200

> This is a spin-off from the recent debate over discipline-based versus
> institution based archives, where Stevan Harnad mentioned that over 100
> sites are trying out the eprints software.

It's very hard to get a good measure of how many people are running your
software. The New Zealand Digital Library's Greenstone library, for example,
has hundreds and hundreds of downloads:

but we know that not nearly that number are actually running the software.

stuart

--    stuart yeates <s.yeates@cs.waikato.ac.nz> aka `loam'
  "To err is human--but it feels divine."  --  Mae West
X-no-archive:yes