[UPS] CNI & ACM

Stevan Harnad harnad@coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:06:15 +0000 (GMT)

> I would like to inform the list that there will be a briefing on the
> results of the Santa Fe UPS meeting at the december CNI meeting.  Dale
> Flecker, Carl Lagoze, John Ober and Don Waters will present a project
> briefing "Managing and Federating EPrint Repositories" . See
> http://www.cni.org/tfms/1999b.fall/PBrief99Ftf.html

Good abstract, Lagoze et al.!

Is there a full-text available of this paper yet, so we can distribute
it further? It should help pre-empt inaccurate press releases. (But
meanwhile we should resolve the name-game for "UPS" too, so we can stop
being anonymous... At last hearing, I liked "openarchives"...)

> I would like to bring up Ed's idea of presenting a paper at the ACM
> meeting.  The idea was to turn the Santa Fe Convention into a paper
> co-authored by all the participants of the Santa Fe meeting.  How does
> the list feel about this?

Good idea. But let's give Herbert executive posers over the final draft
or the text may head off in all directions, as the first day of our
meeting did.

Stevan Harnad                     harnad@cogsci.soton.ac.uk
Professor of Cognitive Science    harnad@princeton.edu
Department of Electronics and     phone: +44 23-80 592-582
Computer Science                  fax:   +44 23-80 592-865
University of Southampton         http://www.cogsci.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/
Highfield, Southampton            http://www.princeton.edu/~harnad/
SO17 1BJ UNITED KINGDOM