[UPS] FW: RePEc mentioned in Science article (fwd)

herbert van de sompel herbert.vandesompel@rug.ac.be
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:06:51 +0100

maly@cs.odu.edu wrote:

> I am afraid that Herbert's last statement is the driving one, you can't
> control what a reporter leaves out and what he emphasizes. I have not
> talked to this reporter but have talked to a reporter from the Chronicle
> and tried to give a balanced view of the 'Convention', he also said he is
> talking to several; I have no idea what will come of this effort.
> kurt

The reporter from the Chronicle also called me.  I emphasized the
agreement by all parties re implementation of the Convention
recommendations and my personal perception that this initiative seems to
be going somewhere.  I also gave some personal comments on the role I
see for libraries in the area of archives.

herbert