[OAI-implementers] MAF-LT Announces Gold Release of Ibidem v1.0 Digital Library System

Brad Rhoads bdrhoa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:11:32 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

We've been using Greenstone for a long time and it continues to serve us
well. Thanks to the developers and this community for the help we've
received.

The place where we feel Greenstone doesn't fully meet our needs is in
collection creation, especially in terms of data entry and the lack of
controlled vocabularies. Thus, we've developed Ibidem (
http://www.maflt.org/products/Ibidem), which is focused on the front end
data entry process and provides user definable Lookup Tables. We had the
original intent to include full work flow processing, but that might come
down the road.

For Greenstone users, Ibidem exposes its content via OAI-PMH (thanks to
OAICAT). So you can use Ibidem for data entry and then import it into
Greenstone if you like.

Here's the official announcement: http://www.tinyurl.com/ibidemrelease

God's Love,

Brad Rhoads
Mission Aviation Fellowship - Learning Technologies
http://www.maflt.org