[OAI-implementers] OAIbiblio installation question and question about PHP harvesting software

Lisa M. Brooks lisa at issuelab.com
Mon Mar 31 00:53:03 EDT 2008

Hello -

I co-direct a nonprofit organization called IssueLab. We are an online
publishing forum for nonprofit-produced research. We'd like to implement a
data harvester.

Our site is built on a Linux-Apache-MySQLv5-PHPv5 platform. I have been
looking around for software to deploy and I ran across OAIbiblio which seems
spot on for our needs. But, while attempting to install it we have run into
a problem.

I downloaded the .tar archive available at http://www.ibiblio.org/oaibiblio/.
Read through the install file and noticed that two folders and their
requisite files were missing:

1) "transform: ("Handles metadata format mappings and transformations") with
a sub-folder labeled "xsl" ("Holds xsl files; each xsl file represents a
transformation")

2) folder: "docs"

I have sent a note to the author of the software but haven't heard anything
back. Is this software obsolete? If not is there another complete download I
can grab from somewhere or does someone have this and is able to share it
with us? I haven't been able to track down any link except the one referred
to above. Also, does anyone know of any other PHP data harvesting software?

Thanks so much for any help/insight!

Lisa M. Brooks
IssueLab - bringing nonprofit research into focus
lisa at issuelab.org
http://www.issuelab.org