[OAI-implementers] New package for OAI Tools page

Scott Yeadon scott.yeadon at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 25 22:05:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

As promised in a previous post, we have completed an initial version of
what we call a Harvester Service. It is a Java servlet web application
providing HTTP services (via servlets) for scheduling and managing
harvests and builds on OCLC's Harvester2 package. The package makes no
assumptions about its operating environment thus allowing it to be
deployed within existing application structures. More detailed
information is contained in the documentation.

Note the URL provided below points to a page containing a PDF user/tech
guide and test docs as well as the downloadable software package. An
install guide is included in the distribution. Comprehensive javadocs
can be built from the distribution.

Descriptive text for OAI Tools site as follows:

Tool: Harvester Service
(http://www.apsr.edu.au/software.htm#harvester_package)
Implementer: The Australian National University (http://www.anu.edu.au)
application based on OCLC's OAIHarvester2. It is a deployable webapp
running under Tomcat providing harvest scheduling and management
services for use by external applications. It also supports deployment
of custom harvest classes for tailored processing on request and
response data.

Hope it comes in useful to someone!

Scott.