[OAI-implementers] UM Announces Additional Collections for OAI Harvesting

Kat Hagedorn khage at umich.edu
Fri Feb 22 17:07:12 EST 2008

The University of Michigan Library is pleased to announce that records
pointing to digitized materials from our Digital Library Production Service
(DLPS) and Scholarly Production Office (SPO) are available for OAI
harvesting through the same data provider as our MBooks collection records.

    http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/o/oai/oai?verb=Identify
    http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/o/oai/oai?verb=ListSets

To date, these records have been available through our "broker20" data
provider (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/b/broker20/broker20/). We will be
turning off OAI harvesting from this service on March 3, 2008.

DLPS/SPO records available in the new service have been reviewed for correct
mapping and clarity. Additionally, new and modified records will show up
faster as the result of more streamlined processing.

For any questions about the service, please contact dlps-help at umich.edu.

Kat Hagedorn
OAIster/Metadata Harvesting Librarian
DLXS Bibliographic Class Coordinator