[OAI-implementers] Designating as Peer Review

Simeon Warner simeon at cs.cornell.edu
Fri Jun 8 14:19:11 EDT 2007

I agree with Sarah. If being peer-reviewed or not is a property of the
item then it would be best to put that information in the metadata record.
Using sets as a way to _communication_this_information_ is a misuse of
sets.

(That doesn't mean that one might not also want to have a set for peer
reviewed only articles in order to support selective harvesting based on
that criterion. Support for selective harvesting is the purpose of sets.)

Cheers,
Simeon