[OAI-implementers] Avano, a marine and aquatic sciences OAI harvester

Frederic MERCEUR Frederic.Merceur at ifremer.fr
Fri Aug 25 10:33:37 EDT 2006

Dear all,

the "La Pérouse" library has just released Avano
(http://www.ifremer.fr/avano/), an OAI harvester for the marine and
aquatic sciences. It offers an access to electronic resources about
aquaculture and fisheries for instance, but also marine biology, marine
geosciences,...).

What's original in this harvester is that we developed a system that
allow to detect notices about marine and aquatic resources loaded in
non-specialized marine repositories such as ArXiv or PubmedCentral. This
system is based on the detection of marine and aquatic terms such as
oceanography or phytoplankton for example.

With this system, Avano is already able to offer an access to about 24
000 notices that comes from more than 30 repositories. And we will load
more repositories and more notices in the coming weeks.

We would be pleased if you could share your comments about this project.

Kind regards,
Fred Merceur

--
Fred Merceur