[OAI-implementers] HTTPS and OAI

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Thu Sep 30 16:27:02 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:09:34PM -0500, Thomas G. Habing wrote:
> >It appears that at least some of the DSpace OAI installations are running
> >from the https protocol instead of http. I would think this violates OAI
> >conformity. Are there any harvesters currently available that deal with
> >https?

Net::OAI::Harvester wraps LWP::UserAgent for http transactions...and
LWP::UserAgent should understand https just fine, although at one point
in the past Net::SSLeay was required I believe.

I'd like to test out N:O:H on https but wasn't able to find any https style
urls in this list [1]. Is there a target you know of that I could try out?

//Ed

[1] http://www.openarchives.org/Register/BrowseSites.pl