[OAI-implementers] Fulltext of an document

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Mon Nov 8 12:15:51 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a question about getting the fulltext of a document from an open
archive. Take for example the following link from the www.doaj.org site:

http://www.doaj.org/oai?verb=ListRecords&from=2004-03-01&metadataPrefix=oai_dc

The returned records have two dc:identifier tags. How can I figure out,
which one is the one pointing to the fulltext?

And as far as I understand, the metadata tag might contain data in
diffent encodings, where Dublin Core is only one possiblity. Is that
right? So there is no universal way to get the fulltext of a record?

Please correct me, if this is not the right list and point me to a
better place.

regards,
Achim