[OAI-implementers] Identifiers (catalog/entry)

Adam Cooper adam.cooper@fdlearning.com" <adam.cooper@fdlearning.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:32:41 -0000

[relates to OAI-implementers digest, Vol 1 #426 - 5 msgs]

A number of IMS specs have played with this 2 part/1part problem. RDCEO
(Reusable Definition of Competences and Educational Objectives) talks about
URN scheme, and I think we had assumed that the catalog would map to the
NSS and the entry to the NID. We also considered URL#fragment identifier ,
where the fragment identifier was the entry part. The RDCEO binding
actually used a single identifier string, whereas the information model DID
follow LOM practice.

Exactly what the significance of LOM catalog might be is probably another
question, and one that is intentionally open I think. Is it necessarily
more than an _indicator_ of the creator of the identifier?

Adam