[OAI-implementers] dc:title vs. dc:description for images

Riley, Jenn jenlrile at indiana.edu
Tue Aug 31 14:18:47 EDT 2004

Hello all-

[This message is being posted to multiple lists - apologies for any
duplication.]

Thank you to everyone who responded to my query regarding usage of
dc:title and dc:description when there are
multiple equally-valid values for each. In this case, I think I'm going
to put all the values in their own dc:title element. This is for a
number of reasons, not least of which is the strong focus dc:title
enjoys over dc:description in the current environment. I'll definitely
be keeping my eye on what various service providers
are doing with data from this collection and others to see if a revision
to our DC mapping is in order in the future.

Jenn

Jenn Riley
Metadata Librarian
Digital Library Program