[OAI-implementers] getRecord Verb

Jeffrey Pearson jpearson at usc.edu
Mon Aug 23 15:15:31 EDT 2004

Please excuse the ignorance of my question.

I'm working through implementing our first OAI compliant DP. I'm currently working on the getRecord verb and trying to decode some of the examples provided on the site. It gives in the response chunk;

<request verb="GetRecord" identifier="oai:arXiv.org:cs/0112017"
           metadataPrefix="oai_dc">http://arXiv.org/oai2</request>

I understand everything up until the:
http://arXiv.org/oai2

which is the value inside of the tags. What exactly is this value? Can someone point me to where this value is defined in the docs?

Thank you for any help/light you can shed.

Jeff Pearson
University of California