[OAI-implementers] Qualified Dublin Core

Young,Jeff jyoung at oclc.org
Thu Aug 12 09:48:28 EDT 2004

Speaking only for myself as a service provider, I doubt that I will be
interested in a generic container of "things". I simply don't have the time
or patience to figure out what's what in a blob of data. Including a
"schema" attribute and "element" element might help, but the investigation
still sounds difficult. In addition, my sense is that taking the easy route
and blindly pulling DC and DCQ elements from the blob (or elements from any
other namespace) will produce a meaningless jumble 9 times out of 10. I
could be wrong, though.

Jeff