[OAI-implementers] Qualified Dublin Core

Young,Jeff jyoung at oclc.org
Mon Aug 9 11:02:40 EDT 2004

I'm looking for an XML Schema for Qualified Dublin Core for use in OAI
repositories. I poked around the UIUC OAI Registry, but all I found was a
couple of ad hoc schemas used by repositories that appear to be defunct.
Ideally, though, the existence and use of such a schema should be shared
across a broad community and not ad hoc.

Next, I searched in Google and OAForum but all I found was a reference to a
preliminary effort to establish such a schema
(http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/xmlschema/). This particular document
discusses a sample application schema for a DCQ container, but the
implication is that the final schema must be decided by the specific
application (e.g OAI?). Apparently, this has never been done.

Can someone provide some guidance for doing this?

Thanks.

Jeff

---
Jeffrey A. Young
Software Architect
Office of Research, Mail Code 710
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
6565 Frantz Rd.
Dublin, OH 43017-3395
www.oclc.org

Voice: 614-764-4342