[OAI-implementers] RSS available from my.OAI

François Schiettecatte francois@fsconsult.com
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 08:19:08 -0400

Hi

A few months ago, I asked if there was interest for an RSS interface to
my.OAI ( http://www.myoai.com/ ).

I got very positive feedback from people and (finally) two weeks ago, I
implemented RSS on my.OAI, feel free to check it out. It seems to work well
so far though I have only tried it with Radio UserLand and NetNewsWire.

my.OAI is updated once a week so if you set up an RSS feed from a search,
you will only see changes once a week. If that is an issue for people, I can
switch the update to once a day since I now have the computing power to
support that.

I also asked about SOAP and there was a good suggestion in using SRW for my
SOAP interface:

  http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/

But no-one stepped up saying they would actually use such an interface, so I
am leaving it for now. You could also say that I have been slow in providing
the RSS interface, but I have been busy with other projects such as Feedster
( http://www.feedster.com/ ).

Cheers

Francois

François Schiettecatte                               FS Consulting, LLC.
Phone : (978) 594-5089                  35 Washington Square North, # 2,
Cell  : (617) 909-2504                                  Salem, MA, 01970
Email : francois@fsconsult.com           URL : http://www.fsconsult.com/