[OAI-implementers] Trying to gauge interest on two features

Andy Powell a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk
Sat, 10 May 2003 18:03:42 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)

On Sat, 10 May 2003, Fran[ISO-8859-1] çois Schiettecatte wrote:

> 1) Providing a way for people to get the query results as an XML file in RSS
> format and, by extension, allowing people to subscribe to a search as a RSS
> feed.
>
> 2) Providing a SOAP search interface to the search engine. This is an XML
> based protocol for exchanging information between clients and servers. For
> example Google and Amazon provide SOAP interfaces to their systems.

Both ideas sounds good to me.

I'd look at using SRW as your SOAP interface...

  http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell       +44 1225 383933