[OAI-implementers] Testing a new repository: 5 errors (expected?)

Thomas G. Habing thabing@uiuc.edu
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:56:41 -0600

Marin Balgarensky wrote:

>Hi everybody.
>
>Just wanted to be sure that these errors are expected.
>I am just testing a new repository with the repository explorer.
>The test ist successful except these bits where the verb, an argument or a
>date is invalid.
>In these cases the answer is "XML validation failed".
>I believe this the expected behaviour because the <request> tag contains
>these invalid values.
>
>Am I right?

Hi Marin,  I don't  think so.  All responses should be valid XML whether
it is a response to an incorrect parameter or not.  The repository
explorer is expecting a certain valid XML response even when it submits
erroneous parameters.  If you would like, send the baseURL of your
repository and I could take a quick look at the responses.

Kind regards,
    Tom Habing