[OAI-implementers] OAI-PMH 2.0beta inconsistency

Stuart Chalk schalk@unf.edu
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:14:00 -0400 (EDT)

Folks

I'm new to OAI but I think I have noticed an inconsistency in the
referencing of the .xsd files.

I am working on implementing OAI in PHP and as a start I am working on the
response for the Identify verb.

In my response to the request I had the following...

<oai-identifier
   xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai-identifier"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai-identifier/
   http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai-identifier.xsd">

as indicated in the current beta2.  Yet when I tried to validate this
using http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv there was an error indicating
the mapping of the schemaLocation was not right.  Looking at the .xsd file
the

xmlns:oai-identifier="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai-identifier

had no trailing "/".  Removing the "/" from my response file cleared up
the problem.

So, should there be a trailing "/" or not?  If you look in the OAI-PMH.xsd
file it has a trailing "/" and thus works with what is in the beta2
document.

Finally, anyone know when there will be a 2.0 version of the repository
explorer at http://www.purl.org/NET/oai_explorer?

Thanks (if i'm not making any sense let me know....)

Stuart Chalk, Ph.D.
Department of Natural Sciences                          Phone:904-620-2831
University of North Florida                               Fax:904-620-3885
4567 St. Johns Bluff Road S.                  "The Flow Analysis Database"
Jacksonville FL 32224 USA                          http://www.fia.unf.edu/