[OAI-implementers] Changes to OAI-PMH beta

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 22 May 2002 12:14:13 -0400

Dear all:

As we move towards a final release of OAI-PMH version 2, we have made a
couple of small changes to the protocol specification posted at
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/openarchivesprotocol.htm.  A new
version dated 2002-05-22T16:00:00Z - cjl includes the following:

1. New text at the end of paragraph 1 in section 2.7.1 clarifying error
handling for incorrect from and until arguments for selective harvesting
by datestamp.
2. Elimination of the badGranularity error code. This error code was a
legacy of different granularity specifications in earlier alphas.  The
functionality of the badGranularity error code is now handled by the
badArgument error code.

We will continue to inform you of hopefully small changes up until the
final release.

Carl Lagoze
Herbert Van de Sompel
OAI Executive