[OAI-implementers] Dublin Core XML and OAI

Alan Kent ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:02:21 +1100

Hi,

I was wondering what the exact position was with respect to OAI and
Dublin Core. For example, the OAI spec defines oai_dc and an XML Schema
specification for it. My question relates to other (non-Dublin Core)
elements that may be added.

For example, various groups have defined their own additional elements
and what they mean. They put these additional elements in their own
namespace. I am guessing it is not correct for me to include these
additional elements if oai_dc is requested (I should prune them out).
Each group should then define their own oai_agls etc identifier
(probably without the oai_ prefix, if that is reserved for use by
the protocol).

Alan