[OAI-implementers] Registered Data Providers

Donna Bergmark bergmark@CS.Cornell.EDU
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:55:01 -0500

Hi, Leigh -

BrowseSites lists only those repositories who registered themselves
with the Open Archives Initiative and passed the validation test.
We think that there are many, many OAI archives out there who for
one reason or another did not register.  I doubt that there is a
definitive list anywhere.

Some organizations use OAI for their own internal purposes and so
would not be likely to register.

About the second question, whether the ListFriends.pl script should
also include the repository name -- is there demand out there for
that?  It seems that one could just harvest information like that.

Donna Bergmark