[OAI-implementers] crosswalks out there?

deridder deridder@cs.utk.edu
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:45:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks, this is off the subject...

  One of the projects I've been asked to take a look at is
the feasibility of translating current formats of digitized
metadata into OAI-compliant records on the fly, for a search
engine to be used at/for one or more repositories.  This is
basically for folks who have *not* set up OAI-compliant
repositories, but who want to share their metadata via the
OAI harvesters (or other search engines) in OAI format.

  If you know of anyone working on a similar project--- or if
you know of existing translaters out there, please send me a contact
URL or email address.  If you yourself *have* such a translater in
use at your repository, please contact me and tell me how you
went about implementing it.
  Also, if you might be interested in making use of such a
translater, please tell me what format your files are currently in--
and if possible, send me a sample.

  Thanks!!

 --Jody DeRidder
   SunSITE Programmer