[OAI-implementers] SetSpec RegExp

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:32:43 -0600 (MDT)

I see no reason why users should ever see the setSpec, they
should see the setName instead. Following that logic I
don't see that strangely encoded setSpecs should matter.

However, your suggestion is slightly unwieldy. If such schemes
are adopted and setSpecs get large then we might want to
consider adding recommendations on the maximum lengths of these
things to the protocol spec.

Cheers,
Simeon.