[OAI-general] unsubscribers can be very annoying & howto

Gerry Arthus garthus@lilrc.org
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:59:09 -0500

--------------010904030300040705080905

Patrick,

Unfortunately, the appearance of being brain-dead is becoming endemic
here in the United States. The idea of "thinking" about something before
doing it is almost alien to most of the population. Perhaps if it were
packaged in a 30 second time bite with attractive video, pavlov's
creatures would understand.

Hehe.

Best wishes,

Gerry :}

J. Patrick Bedell wrote:

>	Don't forget, Frederic, instructions to unsubscribe are in the
>headers of *every single message* that is sent on the list.  For those who
>can't be bothered to look at mail headers, you can unsubscribe with either
>of the following URLs:
>	However, we should keep in mind that, possibly, the people sending
>these messages to the *entire list* aren't trying to be rude and annoying,
>but are themselves unable to read English.  Or maybe they don't know what
>a URL is?
>

>On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Frederic De Leersnijder wrote:
>

>>If there was only one. Remember that your unsubscribe request is being
>>sent to all the list members.
>>
>>If you took the time to go to the OAI website.... click community where
>>you can find the mailing lists. Click OAI general list or OAI
>>implementers list.
>>
>>On the bottom you have a section for OAI-xxxx Subscribers.
>>
>>Fill in your e-mail and you'll be able to unsubscribe, retrieve your
>>lost password, whatever...
>>
>>Kind regards
>>The list member who isn't lazy

Gerry Arthus
Systems Administrator
Long Island Library Resources Council
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, New York
US          11794-3399
Phone: 1-631-632-6652
FAX: 631-632-6662
Home: 631-289-7565
Email: garthus@lilrc.org

Professor
Graduate Computer Engineering
C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville,New York
US 11548-1300
Phone: 516-299-2293

--------------010904030300040705080905

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Patrick,<br>
Unfortunately, the appearance of being brain-dead is becoming endemic
here in the United States. The idea of "thinking" about something
before doing it is almost alien to most of the population. Perhaps if
it were packaged in a 30 second time bite with attractive video,
pavlov's creatures would understand.<br>
Hehe.<br>
Best wishes,<br>
Gerry :}<br>
J. Patrick Bedell wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0304010805050.25680-100000@adenine.dnaputer.com">
  <pre wrap="">	Don't forget, Frederic, instructions to unsubscribe are in the
headers of *every single message* that is sent on the list.  For those who
can't be bothered to look at mail headers, you can unsubscribe with either
of the following URLs:
	However, we should keep in mind that, possibly, the people sending
these messages to the *entire list* aren't trying to be rude and annoying,
but are themselves unable to read English.  Or maybe they don't know what
a URL is?

    <pre wrap="">If there was only one. Remember that your unsubscribe request is being
sent to all the list members.

If you took the time to go to the OAI website.... click community where
you can find the mailing lists. Click OAI general list or OAI
implementers list.

On the bottom you have a section for OAI-xxxx Subscribers.

Fill in your e-mail and you'll be able to unsubscribe, retrieve your
lost password, whatever...

Kind regards
The list member who isn't lazy

    </pre>