[UPS] arXiv OpenArchives Dienst

Simeon Warner simeon@mmm.lanl.gov
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:30:14 -0700 (MST)

I have modified the arXiv Dienst server to comply with the latest
Subset Dienst spec (Document Version 2000-03-08 18:58:16 -0500,
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/cdlrg/dienst/protocols/OpenArchivesDienst.htm).
This includes the following changes (examples below):
  o OAMS meta data changes for Disseminate:
      accession -> accession date
      discovery -> discovery date
      authorName -> name
      authorOrganization -> organization
  o Structure is version 2.0 not 1.0
  o Structure tag changed from <meta-format> to <meta_formats>

The OAMS changes bring the Dienst spec into somewhat closer accord
with the OAMS spec at http://www.openarchives.org/sfc/sfc_oams.htm.
However there are still issues to be resolved:
  o xml tags have 'oams:' prefix, or not?
  o OAMS or oams?
In both cases I follow the Dienst spec.

Also note that we still use /dienst/ instead of /Dienst/ as the base URL.
This is because we are supporting the NCSTRL team with our old Dienst4
server which uses /Dienst/.

Cheers,
Simeon.

Examples illustrating changes:

http://arXiv.org/dienst/Repository/2.0/Disseminate/arXiv:cond-mat/9901002/%23oams/xml

returns:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <Disseminate version="2.0">
  <oams:oams xmlns:oams="http://www.OpenArchives.org/sfc/sfc_oams.htm">
   <oams:title>The equation of state and specific heat of the electron gas
on a one
    dimensional lattice</oams:title>
   <oams:accession date>1999-01-01</oams:accession date>
   <oams:displayId>http://arXiv.org/abs/cond-mat/9901002</oams:displayId>
   <oams:fullId>arXiv:cond-mat/9901002</oams:fullId>
   <oams:author>
    <oams:name>V.Celebonovic </oams:name>
    <oams:organization>Institute of
Physics,Beograd,Yugoslavia</oams:organization>
   </oams:author>
   <oams:abstract>  Using previous results and general thermodynamical
formalism,an expression is
   obtained for the specific heat per particle under constant volume of a
   degenerate non-relativistic electron gas on a 1D lattice.The result is
   non-linear function of the temperature,and it could have applications
in
   studies of quasi one-dimensional organic metals.</oams:abstract>
   <oams:subject>Strongly Correlated Electrons</oams:subject>
   <oams:comment>Accepted for publication,plain LaTeX,no figures.Some
amendments of
    the references and a new ackowledgement</oams:comment>
   <oams:discovery date>1999-01-10</oams:discovery date>
  </oams:oams>
 </Disseminate>

http://arXiv.org/dienst/Repository/2.0/Structure/arXiv:hep-th/9901001?view=%23

returns: