[UPS] ASIDIC Spring 2000 meeting in Orlando about OAI

fox@vt.edu fox@vt.edu
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 16:03:56 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF651C.32574A67

Hi!

Thank you for inviting me to speak at the ASIDIC Spring 2000 meeting in
Orlando (http://www.asidic.org/spring2000.html). See below answers to
your questions about my Monday presentation:

--Title
The Open Archives Initiative and Electronic Theses and Dissertations

--My name, title, and company to appear in the program
Edward A. Fox
Professor
Virginia Tech

--Description of the topic you will be addressing
Launched in October 1999 under the name "Universal Preprint Service",
the Open Archives Initiative (OAI, www.openarchives.org) aims to integrate
efforts of worldwide e-print, report, and other open electronic
collections into a global service.  This presentation summarizes
work on OAI, highlighting its link with the rapidly expanding
Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD,
www.ndltd.org, that now has almost 100 members).

Regards, Ed

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF651C.32574A67
	filename="Edward A. Fox (E-mail).vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Fox;Edward
FN:Edward A. Fox (E-mail)
ORG:Virginia Tech;Computer Science
TITLE:Professor
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 540-231-5113
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+1 (540) 552-8667
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+1 (540) 230-6266
ADR;WORK:;608 McBryde Hall;203 Craig Drive;Blacksburg;VA;24060;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:608 McBryde Hall=0D=0A203 Craig Drive=0D=0ABlacksburg, VA 24060=0D=0AUnited =
States of America
ADR;HOME:;;203 Craig Drive;Blacksburg;VA;24060;United States of America
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:203 Craig Drive=0D=0ABlacksburg, VA 24060=0D=0AUnited States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:fox@vt.edu
REV:19991014T223256Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF651C.32574A67--