[UPS] report of meeting & press release

kmaly@notesmail.cs.odu.edu kmaly@notesmail.cs.odu.edu
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:24:47 -0400

I like the one below with one change:

InterConnected Eprint Archives?
if it is not clear why,  its a bad choice.
kurt

                    Michael Friedman
                    <friedman@highwire.sta        To:     herbert.vandesompel@rug.ac.be
                    nford.edu>                    cc:     ups@vole.lanl.gov, (bcc: Kurt Maly/ODUCS)
                                                  Subject:     Re: [UPS] report of meeting & press
                    10/28/1999 01:47 PM           release

How about saying what we want to do technically:

Interoperable Eprint Archives Initiative (IEA)?
Interconnected Eprint Archives?

-- Mike

herbert van de sompel wrote:
> * Please do not forget to suggest a replacement name for UPS.  So far, I
> only received 3 suggestions.  Latest submission date is Friday noon.  Be
> creative!

Michael Friedman         Applications Software Developer
Phone: 650-725-2163      HighWire Press, Stanford University
FAX:   650-725-9335      <friedman@highwire.stanford.edu>