[UPS] Journal infomation

Paul M. Gherman Gherman@LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:12:45 -0600

I agree with Steven that we should have a journal metadata
field. This field could indicate the journal title the
article is "submitted to" since most authors are likely to
know where they plan to submit their article. Once
published, they may return to update the specific volume,
issue and page information, or they may return to change
the title if a different jounal publishes the article. I do
not think we should mix up journal titles and subjects. I
think this could lead to very "dirty data".

Paul M. Gherman
University Librarian
611B General Library
419 21st Avenue South