[UPS] Convention draft

herbert van de sompel herbert.vandesompel@rug.ac.be
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 17:33:39 +0100

Hi all,

A draft version of what I hope can become the Santa Fe Convention is now
online at:
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~hvdsomp/sfc/sfc.htm

Remarks:
* This version is not for distribution or copying.
* All parts of the Convention except Carl's Santa Fe Metadata Format
description + Carl's Dienst Subset description have been compiled by me,
in consultation with Cliff Lynch, Don Waters, Carl Lagoze, Thomas
Krichel, Michael Nelson and Paul Ginsparg.  I would like to thank all of
them for their constructive feedback and cooperation.
* The Dienst and Metadata descriptions are versions of the documents
that Carl recently posted to the list, but which I integrated into the
Convention. Carl is still working on versions of these documents. The
versions I inserted in this Convention are there only to give an
integrated perspective on the whole thing.

I hope you will be able to spend some time to examine this draft.  I
look forward to comments.

greetings

herbert