[Orechem] Preparing for Friday's phone call.

Carl Lagoze clagoze at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:02:12 EDT 2009

As I'm sure you know we have a project conference call scheduled for
11 AM Eastern time on Friday, October 9. The major purpose of this
call is to make certain that we hit the ground running at our face-to-
face meeting in Pittsburgh on October 14. Therefore, I would like each
group on the phone call to present a review of their progress to date,
what they would like to present/demonstrate at the face-to-face
meeting, and what issues they need to be discussed at the face-to-face
meeting in order to move forward in the next couple of months. Since I
view the decision on a common ontology for the entities that we wish
to represent - documents, experiments, molecules/compounds - as
critical to our progress, I am hoping to take a major part of the face-
to-face meeting in reviewing what we have proposed and seeing whether
it fulfills our needs. Another thing we need to nail down as soon as
possible and some decision on identification structure/syntax for the
entities that we wish to represent. We can do something ad hoc here,
but it needs to be consistent and deterministic so we can translate it
in the future for something more standardized. I am happy to entertain
other ideas for what we wish to do when we meet face-to-face.

At this point my understanding of who will be attending is Lee and
Alex from Microsoft, Nico from Cambridge, Mark from Southampton, Lee
and Karl from Penn State, Marlon from Indiana, and myself from
Cornell. If I have missed you or mistakenly reported you as attending
please let me know as soon as possible so we can get catering and
dinner reservations nailed down.