[Orechem] Decision on December meeting

Carl Lagoze clagoze at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:21:35 EST 2009

Dear colleagues,

My apologies again for all the mails about this but I hope you understand the logistic overhead of getting these things set up. It is now obvious that not everyone can come for a face-to-face meeting in Southampton at the beginning of December. I certainly understand the reasons for this. Our colleagues in the UK have decided however that a more limited work meeting can be very productive. Therefore, I am planning to go to Southampton to work with Simon, Jeremy, Mark, in June (and possibly Alex and Peter) to move forward on some of the interoperability - ontology and protocol - work that we have underway at this time. Of course, anyone else who would like to come as welcome.

We have decided that trying to mix this face-to-face meeting with a virtual presence via telecom or Skype by other members of the team would not be optimally productive. It may make sense however for us to have a one hour teleconference at the end of our day on Saturday in the UK, which would be midday in the eastern United States, to report on what we've been working on at that point and discuss any open questions. For those of you not planning to attend the face-to-face meeting please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in joining in.

In any case, I think we should have an all group teleconference before the holidays, sometime in the middle of December. I will let you know as more details develop.

Thanks, Carl