[OAI-implementers] Change of identifiers

Benjamin Anderson benanderson.us at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:32:55 EST 2011

I don't believe there's any way for oai-ids to change.  If you want to do
that, you'd have to mark the original as deleted and then create new one.
This should work fine for all your clients.  However, you lose history and
association.  IOW - the client has no way of knowing that records 011 and
012 derived from record 010.  Depending on what you're trying to do, that
might be just fine.