[OAI-implementers] List of tools used to harvest OAI metadata

Erik Groeneveld ejgroene at ieee.org
Thu Aug 13 05:07:07 EDT 2009

Well, Kat, there is yet another one, called MERESCO.

It has been developed in the Netherlands by SURF-foundation, SURF-net,
KennisNet and CQ2. It actually is a larger library of components for
metadata management (including data normalization, integrated and
facetted search etc), but one of the earliest set of components
contains a complete OAI harvester with Web UI.

For general information see http://meresco.com

For the harvester in particular see
http://meresco.com/page/package_information?package=meresco-harvester

It is all Open Source and actively developed.  SURF-foundation
organizes a conference on MERESCO September 29th 2009.

Best regards,
Erik

E.J. Groeneveld
Seek You Too