[OAI-implementers] DIY OAI: Allowing anyone to be a data provider

Kat Hagedorn khage at umich.edu
Thu Sep 27 13:53:35 EDT 2007

I would also put in a plug for building a Static Repository, designed for
those without the resources for developing their own OAI repository. There's
information on the openarchives.org site:
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-static-repository.htm
and also on the OAI Best Practices site:
http://webservices.itcs.umich.edu/mediawiki/oaibp/index.php/StaticRepositori
es

Tom Habing at UIUC has also created a FilemakerPro tool (thabing at uiuc dot
edu), and folks at Emory have created a Metadata Migrator
(www.metascholar.org/sw/mm/) tool for mapping records to OAI.

 -Kat

Kat Hagedorn
OAIster/Metadata Harvesting Librarian