[OAI-implementers] repository auto-discovery

Herbert Van de Sompel herbertv at lanl.gov
Sun Nov 19 12:31:26 EST 2006

Robert Forkel wrote:

> On 11/19/06, *Herbert Van de Sompel* <herbertv at lanl.gov
> <mailto:herbertv at lanl.gov>> wrote:
>
>     (2) A facet of the problem domain that unAPI covers has been explored in
>     other contexts.  A generic formulation of that problem could be (if I
>     dare) "How to obtain (in an interoperable manner) a manifest of all
>     available Representations of a Resource" (to use W3C Web architecture
>     language).
>

> well, i'm aiming at something much lower ...

Yes, I understand that now and my apologies for my unwieldy response
that put the issue in a broader perspective.

If I am not mistaken, I think a major immediate aim that you have is to
make your journal article metadata Zotero-extractable from your HTML
pages.  In this case you might want to check out the COinS work
<http://ocoins.info/>, by some of the same people who did unAPI.  If I
am not mistaken Zotero eats COinS. The COinS stuff also integrates
nicely with browser plug-ins to point to OpenURL Resolvers.

cheers

herbert

--
Herbert Van de Sompel