[OAI-implementers] Should OAI-PMH over HTTPS be permitted?

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at ugent.be
Thu Feb 17 11:06:19 EST 2005

A related issue: if Static Repository Files would also be accessible via
HTTPS, then constructing a OAI-PMH Gateway would be problematic because
gateways URL's don't contain the scheme of the original file location.
E.g.

                                   ,-HTTP-OR-HTTPS-?-.
http://www.gateway.org/somescript/www.university.edu/sr_file.xml?verb=Identify

I don't know if other types of gateways have the same problems.

Patrick Hochstenbach