[OAI-implementers] Requesting a part of a record possible wit h OAI-OMH?

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:46:18 -0500

Achim,

I could probably add this feature to the ERRoL service for you without much
trouble (http://www.oclc.org/research/projects/oairesolver/). The URL you
could use would look something like this:

"http://errol.oclc.org/" + <oai-identifier> + "." + <metadataPrefix> +
"?xpath=" + <xpath expression>

If the repository doesn't use the oai-identifier scheme, the URL would look
like this:

"http://errol.oclc.org/" + <repository-identifier> + "/" + <identifier> +
"." + <metadataPrefix> + "?xpath=" + <xpath expression>

The response would be the corresponding XML fragment from the record.

Let me know if you're interested and I can add it to the list of ERRoL
features.

Jeff