[OAI-implementers] Sets in OAI-PMH and DSpace

herbert van de sompel hvdsomp@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

I would like to ask someone involved in the German
DINI effort re the establishment of institutional
OAI-PMH repositories to chip in, and give some
insights in their use of sets.  I know they have
established recommendations about the implementation
of sets in their environment.  As far as I remember,
they have defined sets to convey e.g. material type,
publication type, etc.

BTW: These people are doing interesting "community"
work.  They have just released a document that lists
requirements for repositories operated in their
community to receive the "certified DINI OAI-PMH repo"
status.

herbert