[OAI-implementers] Update to OAIster search interface and # of records

Kat Hagedorn khage@umich.edu
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:47:24 -0400

[Apologies for cross-posting.]

We thought you might want to know that the OAIster search interface has
been updated.

	http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=oaister;page=simple

We fixed a number of bugs and made some improvements--see
http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/phase2.html. OAIster now serves up 529,919
records that link to digital objects from 89 institutions, with
harvesting of more records in the near future.

We were very pleased with the response to the launch of the search
interface at the end of June. We received some great comments and
questions from you all, which we have used to harvest more repositories
and modify our search interface. Keep 'em coming!

Our plans are for another major release sometime in the fall. We'll keep
adding records on a periodic basis, so keep checking
http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/viewcolls.html in the meantime to find out
what we're harvesting.

Regards,
Kat