[OAI-implementers] List Id's for multiple sets

deridder deridder@cs.utk.edu
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:28:51 -0500 (EST)

Now that we're adding more sets, I'm suddenly unclear about the usage of
ListIdentifiers and ListRecords, where the set specification is optional.

When no set is specified, should I list ids/records from first one set,
then another, then another, till I run out of sets?
 (alphabetical order?)

Using resumption tokens, should I keep track of which sets I've covered so
far, and pick up where I left off, so that all sets are covered, when no
set is specified?

  This is looking more complicated than I expected.  With no dates
specified, and no sets specified, the list could be enormous;  and as more
and more sets are added, the resumption tokens could get pretty hairy too.

  Question to those who have implemented this for multiple sets:  is this
how you have done it, or do you have a better way?

 --Jody

pub  1024/341840AD 2001/01/26 Jody DeRidder <deridder@cs.utk.edu>
Key fingerprint =  07 1D D3 00 21 2F FA 83  E8 FD B7 80 D2 D9 D5 2D